Thursday, November 24, 2011

What time is it?

It's kotatsu time. Winter time. Ugh it's friggin cold time.

Busy time. I'm afraid I won't be able to complete the one entry per day challenge (lord knows I've slipped lots already, but the point was to get around every day... I guess...). But yesterday was a holiday, tomorrow and the day after are English camp, I've had to work on my presentation for mid-year seminar, get my applications done for grad school (one is due in a week... ACK) and on TOP of that, study for the Japanese proficiency test.

Oh, and I've developed a rather bad cough. Coughing kind of hurts right now. I'm half tempted to run down to the grocery store for an actual lemon... but for now, lemon juice will have to suffice. Ugh, I really don't need this right now. I've decided that I can't get sick until I get back from winter holidays in January. Yep.

Can't get sick this weekend, English camp. Then after that, applications are due. Then next weekend is JLPT. Then after that, midyear seminar. Then the week after that, I go home, and hell NO I'm not getting sick while I'm back at home. Then I'm going to the Philippines to visit Maxine (still need to buy the ticket... arg...). Then I come back to Japan. Then it's okay to get sick. But not until then.

I don't care if it's silly. I refuse! THEY CAN'T MAKE ME or well actually I guess they can BUT IMMA FIGHT CHUUUU.

I did have an interesting talk with my teacher today about the hospital. When I told him I was sick, he asked me if I had gone to the hospital yet. I told him, (with surprise) no. He told me that the Japanese people love hospitals. I guess so. I told him that if I went to the clinic or the doctor in the states, they would tell me to get some rest, drink fluids, and then come back in a week or two if I still have a cold or cough.

Hm. It makes me wonder kind of, if the Japanese go the moment they get sick to the hospital for meds...

Though then again, stuff like sudafed and alleve are actually prescribed drugs, so that might explain why. That and we all pay into health care, so might as well use what you pay for, yeah? I wonder if other places with socialized healthcare are that hospital-happy as well, or if they're more hospital-avoidant, which I suspect America is.

No comments: