Monday, November 21, 2011

Hot Hot Heat

I'll keep this short. This is kinda sunday's and friday's... since I'm behind by a day and I don't actually have the time to write like I normally do.

It's finally dropped down to the under-ten-degree weather here in Takahashi at night, which means it's *cold.* I stupidly, haven't gotten around to ordering more kerosene for my heaters yet, but I do have those foot heaters. Oh god they're wonderful. I have one sitting right in front of me right now, and it's quite lovely. Honestly if it weren't for the fact that I'd probably burn something (like myself), I'd leave it under the table and use the kotatsu blanket with it instead of the built in kotatsu heater.

That reminds me, I need to pull out the blanket for that and also look at putting down carpet or something. And buying those insulating pads for the floor, and a rug for my bathroom. The tiles in the bathroom have been like stepping on ice with bare feet.

I miss central heating and a well insulated house. I guess my house has reduced the cold somewhat, since with my dinky heater running the house is still at a nice 15 C.

God I'm tired. We have a holiday in the middle of the week to celebrate labor thanksgiving I think? A couple of us might have our own thanksgiving that day too. That means getting through Monday and Tuesday first though. You know how tired I am right now? I just tried to type "thursday" as I was thinking in my head, "oh the first day of the week..."

No comments: