Thursday, November 17, 2011

Superman

Today has been one monumental effort to either drive me insane or test my patience or my sanity or something.

I think I'm a little sick. I had a ridiculously awful headache by 4th period (and it wasn't from caffeine - I had my coffee {when did I start drinking so much coffee anyways? And by coffee I mean milk coffee sugar} so my only conclusion is that I'm a little sick). I didn't have a second period class since we didn't teach the second year home ec girls today, and my third period class was watching a "comedy drama" that was basically a very clever "show" whose overall goal was to teach English in a more casual and natural way.

I dunno, I thought it was actually pretty decent and interesting, which surprised me a lot. Even if the clothes were like... from the 90s. Overalls and pigtails on grown women, anyone?

But yeah. Today. Yeah. I'll write more about it tomorrow - I'm too exhausted now to write as much as I normally do. Not going to let that ruin the one a day thing though. Suffice it to say, I was working until 7:45. Working. Not doing Japanese studying. I didn't actually have time to study today (wtf). I did come to school a little late, about ten minutes because I stupidly left my alarm on mute and my other alarm in the living room. Oops. But yeah. Yeah. Most of my time after school was devoted to correcting student's speeches for the speech contest. I felt a little bad, because I told one kid that if he wants to make his speech strong, he needs to take out a significant chunk of what he wrote and rewrite it or omit it because it doesn't actually go towards supporting his main idea.

I just had this random memory of going to the library in Sydney. It was a nice library. I think we went there for internet hahaha. Dunno where that came from.

But anyways.

The TL;DR version:
There was a discrepancy and general lack of communication between my teachers about who would be doing the observation lesson with me. Discussions, freaking out, anger, and more discussion ensued. So did pep talks. I was told I sounded like a mom, or that I was mom-like. What. The. Fak. MY MOM VOICE IS GETTING STRONGER.
Overall feelings towards the whole thing: amused, but only because I think I was getting slightly hysterical and shaky towards the end of the day.

Okay, I told myself I'd go to bed early. Go go before midnight!

No comments: