Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cats

I'm not doing too well at this whole remembering to blog every day thing so far. While technically, I have already missed a day, it's not *really* the next day until the screen flashes to "DAWN OF THE SECOND DAY" right? Or at least, until I go to bed. So really, I'm not behind...

The Pooh-san Premium Parfait
aka, one way trip to diabetes
Today a group of us ALTs (and one Japanese lady) destroyed a parfait (and were destroyed in the process). This was no ordinary parfait. No. This was the premium parfait, the not in a glass, not in a bowl, not in a bucket, but in a godsbegood TUB.

I don't think the picture quite does it justice. It's just large enough so that I can just get my arms all the way around it. You also can't see it, since it burnt out, but there used to be sparklers coming out of there too. An apt way to celebrate Guy Fawkes day. Sparklers in ice cream. Yes please.

On a related sidenote, Winnie the pooh bear is actually called Pooh-san here in Japan. Us, having aged backwards since coming to Japan, giggled half the time about how Pooh was melting or how someone had started to dig into pooh (hee hee). Mature of us, I know. I think some of us were slightly delirious at that point.

Five of us had taken the hike up to the castle in the rain a couple hours prior. It was one helluva hike. I had forgotten how much... work it was, especially since we weren't hiking it in the sweltering disgusting heat. I actually did much better this time I think, though I still got to the top kind of gross and sweaty.

It was super gorgeous up there though. The clouds were just sitting on the mountainsides and sometimes fog would obscure the entire city as we looked down on the clouds from above. It makes me tired just thinking about it, that we were actually above the clouds for a good portion of our time. The leaves were in the process of changing too (some of them anyways).

(Another slightly related digression: after being told about how amazing autumn colors are, I've actually been kind of disappointed in the falls here, especially since it's been either ridiculously cold or ridiculously warm, and none of the trees are changing at the same time. I suppose that is one way to do it; stagger the leaves so things are just beautiful for like... a while.)

But yeah. No more sweets for me for a long while.

No comments: