Sunday, October 3, 2010

Spice up your life

"It makes me realize that the world is divided not between rich and poor, or male and female, or East and West, but between those who like spicy food and those who do not."
(from http://www.saveur.com/article/Kitchen/Fire-in-the-Belly)

Never a truer sentence has been spoken.

I finally got the wireless up in my house! I'M SO EXCITED AND HAPPY. Finally, I get to put this time capsule of mine to work. It's doing quite well, too. Internet is still roughly the same speed. Now I can actually lay in my bed/futon and use the internet, which is nice. I'm not bound by cables any more, unless I want to plug in my external that hosts all my pictures. I'd plug it into my time capsule, except I'd need to get another power strip then for the TV area since apparently, I'm all out of plugs. Sigh.

Oh yeah, I've put up a few pictures on facebook so far. They should be public. I'm planning on putting some up on mobileme eventually, but I've been trying to prioritize things around here. Like vacuuming. I still need to do that. I still need to put out my newsletter too; I've been bad and haven't sent the fourth one out yet, nor have I finished writing it. It's about halfway done. There's just been so much to do right now, and I haven't felt like staying at home.

One Piece is back up though! YAY. I'm so happy.

Today we went to eat parfait in Takahashi, my town. Oh my god. Holy crap. it wwas gigantic. I think it's one of the biggest foods I've seen ever in my life. Holy wow. Thirteen of us failed to finish it. I think I've had enough sweet desserts for a while, after eating that. I had 2.5 bowls, I think. Maybe 3. No more than that, I remember. Someone had 4. Holy sweet jesus.

It's funny, because I don't actually like sweet things like, that that much. I'm a savory/spicy kind of girl. I don't have that much of a sweet tooth, and I can't really eat a lot of sweet things. Savory? Sign me up please. I can pack that away. But I could never ever finish a pint of ice cream in one go, nor can I understand how people can. I like to finish things on a salty note rather than a sweet, though the sweet might taste fantastic. I don't know why. But sweet foods are really, for me, enjoyed within reason. Unlike savory, there's no sense really in stuffing yourself silly (I think anyways) (and unless said dessert is from extraordinary desserts). I'm getting to the point in my life where, when I eat sweet desserts and foods, I want something to balance it out. Tea with no sugar, just straight and black.

Oh, they gave me free tea today at Chateau. It was kinda funny, because I eat there a lot (though usually on my own) since it's the closest restaurant to me and they make a really tasty hambagu and omurice. And their curry isn't bad. But they recognized me. I think that might be why the tea was free. Plus it was not the kind of tea I was used to. It was kobocha, a type of seaweed tea. It had a very interesting taste to it, one I would have pegged as a soup rather than a tea. It was savory, with a kind of sweet taste to it. Very very... interesting. Unfortunately, it lacked the bite good ol' regular tea has to cut through all the sweetness from the ice cream and desserts.

I need to get myself a good tin of English Breakfast tea. I love that stuff. I've found that I really miss black tea, just plain black tea over here. I can only ever find it as sweetened tea, which, don't get me wrong, I love, but it's not quite the same. I can find nearly any other tea, but regular black ones like English Breakfast and earl grey are a tad harder to find. Interestingly enough, jasmine is a little more on the rare side. No awesome 1 L bottles for me. Guess that just means I have to make my own. :3

No comments: