Monday, October 25, 2010

Dearest Sensei

Dearest sensei,

What gives? Last week you were on board with this idea of having a dialogue for Halloween. You even asked me to make a sheet and stuff, and were excited when I showed you it. But today, you came up and asked for the other worksheet I had prepared earlier, photocopied that, and then informed me that for today's lesson, we were doing the normal listening warm up and then the numbers worksheet.

Uhhh, that's not what we talked about last week.

So forgive me if I'm mildly annoyed that you did not tell me about this last week, and that you decided to switch plans last minute rather than tell me no. I don't really care that you told me last minute and decided to change plans (okay, well maybe I care a little). But the biggest reason is that you told me to do more work and prepare things, and I DID, and THEN you changed it AFTER I did all of that. Not cool dude. At least don't tell me to do things if you're planning on changing the plan last minute to something way not as fun.

Love, Jess

------------------------------------------------------------

I don't even get to give the kids candy. :< That hella sucks for them, cause my other two classes are totally getting candy. Man, I wonder if he's pissed at the kids or something to change like this.

At least I get to give the kids Halloween stickers. Lord knows I have a billion of those to get rid of.

But! I won't let this ruin my week since it's a Monday and all. I mean, I still have all week. Halloween is this weekend. Then NaNoWriMo, aka, the descent into insanity, starts.

EDIT::

Well. I am properly mortified. So it turns out, that this whole rant... was untrue. He DID want to do the Halloween thing. There was a miscommunication, where I thought he had said that we were doing the numbers worksheet first. So I didn't think we were going to talk about Halloween, so I didn't bring any of the pictures or anything. Imagine how embarrassed I felt after he said we were going to do that and I didn't have pictures. I forgot to bring the candy up with me the second time too, so I had to run down to the teachers room TWICE in one lesson. That was embarrassing.

Sooo yeah. The lesson was pretty fun, even if for half of it, I listened to a tape recorder and my sensei speak English phrases from the book.

No comments: