Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Interwebs

Soooo. It has finally come to my supervisor's attention that a) I don't have virus protection software on my personal computer any more. b) I used to have it. and c) I took it off.

I don't know why I so vehemently dislike virus protection programs on my machine. I understand why they need them for the computers at work - I mean, they're really really old, running outdated versions of IE, and they're all windows machines. Virus protection is like, the first thing you install on them.

But nobody here knows anything about my mac, and I think they treat it as some really really foreign windows machine. Which is completely reasonable and stuff. But like, yeah. Now that I have my internet set up at home... I don't need to rely on the interenet at school to accomplish the things I want to do. That actually might be more productive really. So I might actually just hold off on putting it on my personal computer, and just use it to make all the handouts and blah blah. I mean. It would be really nice if I could just use the internet (maybe I can find a way to extend my network at home... I think it ALMOST reaches the teacher's room at school). Sigh.

I wouldn't be against using the school computer if it like... you know... wasn't ages and ages old and had a good working copy of things like Word and stuff on it. Or if I could use firefox. Mmm... firefox.

On a more random note, the tshirt/vest combo I wore today happened to pretty much match another teacher's (who's a dude). I am slightly mortified.

No comments: