Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Paper Shredder

Seriously, this thing is super fun to use. And I have a lot of paper to shred. My desk -literally- has things from 2003 and later. Holy wow.

Today was my first really official day here, working, and I am definitely still learning things. At least, today, I got my official schedule on when I am supposed to be working where. At least, I know the days (but not the times for the other schools).

Twice a week, I am at my base school, Takahashi Senior High. Wednesday and Thursday, to be precise. Two schools, Niimi (North) and Takahashi Jounan I visit once a week, on Tuesday and Monday respectively. Two other schools, I visit every other week: Niimi (south) and Kenkounomori.

Takahashi Senior High and Takahashi Jounan are both in Takahashi, and Niimi (North) & (South) are both in the city north of me on the train line, Niimi. It's like, half an hour away or so. The other school... well, my pred said it is in the middle of nowhere. I get to take a bus to get there.

Already, I have a bunch of things to do, like, actual work haha. This is kind of weird... it feels like I am back at school (which, I am) but this time, I am on the other side. I actually have to plan and remember stuff. Time to ramp up the remembering game I guess. I have to make a speech in Japanese on the 19th... in Japanese! They said they would help me out with it. I think I was supposed to prepare something over the holiday, but with everything going on, I kind of forgot. Seriously, I need to figure out a good system for this now that I am not connected 24/7 with my iPhone.

Maybe I should have waited after all.

But I want to figure out how to live without it. Surely, it can not only be done, but done well. I will figure out a way. Mobileme made things waaaay tooooo easy lol. I guess I could use google calendar since really, it does the same things as mobileme. I suppose. Since I can't even access it.

I also have to make a decision whether or not to stay at the place where I am right now. Like, it does need some fixing up, but really, the place is growing on me. I'm willing to give it a good cleaning and see how it holds up and all. My other option is to see if I can find a good cheap studio that will rent to me for not very much near the station. That makes it a pain to come to takahashi, but that means it will be much easier to go to Niimi since I will need to go by train there.

No comments: