Thursday, August 26, 2010

Niimi

So I teach primarily in two different cities: Niimi and Takahashi, about half an hour away by train. In Niimi I teach at Niimi North, Niimi South (both high schools), and kenkou no mori (a special needs school). Today was my first day actually going to Niimi North by myself and - I kid you not - my directions on how to get here were "well, there are going to be tons of students walking to school so just follow them."

Needless to say, I was slightly apprehensive. Instead of taking the hella early train, which gets in right before 7 am and leaves somewhere around 6:30, I took the later train, which gets in just after 8 and leaves around 7:30, so that I would have plenty of students to follow. Naturally, it takes half an hour to walk to school, which ends in a giant uphill climb. I was not only late, but also sweaty when I got into the teacher's room since the meeting had started right at 8:30 and I was a couple of minutes late. >_< First day on the job and already, I'm late.

Lame. D:

But I guess I might turn into a morning person with this stupid commute I have to make haha... Especially if I start taking the 6:30 train. I might have to just bite the bullet and take that godforsaken early train and use the extra time to buy breakfast and lunch for later.

It's just so early though. I mean, I had to wake up this morning at 6 am - and that was early. Normally for Takahashi, I wake up at 7. To catch that train, I'd have to wake at 5. I shudder to think of it. That essentially means that I would be going to sleep no later than 11 pm. ._. yeah... fmylife haha. I mean, it's not the most horrible of commutes but jesus is it hot right now.

No comments: