Friday, August 20, 2010

One Week

So I'm finally starting to work, and I'm not entirely sure that having my laptop at work is the best idea. Probably not, since my ability to get distracted is liiike really really high. I like to think of it as multitasking but - who am I kidding - it's probably detracting from my work. And I really want to do well at this job. I might have to forcefully disconnect myself from the internet while I'm at work haha... unless I'm just using it to look up pictures or something.

Even then, I've noticed that I get distracted really easily. Like somehow I stumbled on an article about "Emerging Adulthood" that's SUPER interesting, but I told myself to save it for later in the day for home, when I need something to read. Maybe, in the absence of books, I will read articles instead. Haha, I feel super nerdy thinking about that. But I mean, it makes sense. Kinda.

I've also been downloading podcasts through iTunes to listen to while I'm at home since, whenever I'm in my air conditioned sanctuary, I don't have access to the TV or dvd player. So I need something else to fill my time, and I really like listening to some o the podcasts. If anyone has a suggestion for a good one, I would love to hear it. Maybe I'll check out iTunes U and do a bit of learning as well. I should really see if they have any Japanese language ones... that would actually be helpful haha.

1 comment:

Honeydew said...

Anime Pulse is an amusing podcast, I have been listening to it for 2+ years now. I don't actually listen to the anime reviews anymore, just the pre-show banter. I find it amusing - Caiti