Saturday, December 3, 2011

Ahhh I'm almost done with this wave of applications. Finally.

I was going to sleep instead of type, but today stuff happened that I want to remember, so sleep will have to wait a little linger.

Today I super failed at riding my bike. I was going down the start of the hill, and just after I gained enough momentum to be going rather fast, I decided to put the finger cover of my gloves on. Normally this is fine but today for some reason I must have clipped my handlebars because before I knew it the handbag was turning and then I was flying forward in the air with one of those 'ohhhh craaaaap' expressions on my face.

Amazingly, I managed to come out of the whole thing with my bike mostly intact and only a hole in my gloves and a couple of bruises. At least I'm hoping they're all just bruises. I landed pretty hard on my knee (there's a part of my kneecap I can't feel) but people think at worst it's a torn ligament. Kneeing, squatting, even getting into my futon hurts though. Oh, so does lying on my stomach.

A couple things made my day better though. First I saw a baby duckie on the way to work. It was sooo cute!

Second, during cleaning time one of my students wrote that he was happy Because I was cleaning with them. I didn't have the heart to correct the usage of Because. I did teach them to spell my name since they had written it in katakana, bless them. That made my day. He also said my voice was nice when i was singing today lol. And after students kept going "OH, JESHIKA" from the hall whenever they passed the room, he was like "you're popular at Niimi!" and i asked him why and he said because I was interesting. I'm sure he meant that as a compliment lol. but I was like aw, what a nice kid. I should learn his name. It made me sad I don't go there more often.

My exchange diary student also gave me these bead animal things. I'm really sad the diary with her is ending though. Sigh. Guess I need to find a new victim. :D

But yeah that was today. It was raining so I made dumpling soup. I forgot how much I like soups.
My application is almost done though, I just need to wake up, edit it, and then submit it in. Weeeeee!

So much pain. X_x

No comments: