Monday, December 5, 2011

Brain = 'asploded

The JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) was today. Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh ugh.

Basically, the only day I really properly studied for it was yesterday, where I spent the majority of my day indoors in my pajamas studying or working on finishing my application.

Two applications down, lots more to go. Sigh. The next is due on the 15th, so I have a small breather. I need to open up my other applications though.

I got my ass kicked (again) by the JLPT. The grammar and reading section... was just wow. I don't remember it being that hard last time. Last time I took it, I finished the grammar and reading with time to spare, but this time... I'm not sure what happened. I kept zoning out during it, and I don't actually remember that part of the test. It's like one big giant black hole in my memory. After that test... oh man. It had felt like someone had kicked me in the intellectual balls.

The listening section wasn't so bad though. I'm so thankful that we ended the JLPT with that instead of grammar, cause it was a bit of an ego/mental capacity boost. Have you ever had your brain just shut down when you're reading too much that you can't understand? Yeaaaaah that happened in the middle test.

It was a little frustrating though because there were hella people cheating who weren't being punished at all. They would have their test books open, and in a test like this, time is very very precious. The proctors kept waffling on giving them yellow cards, so a lot of people got away with looking at the questions, to my annoyance.

Afterwards, to celebrate (and/or drown our woes) we went to the new mall and the buffet place there that had steak (!) and also a chocolate fountain (!!!!). Oh god, chocolate fountain. <3 I only dipped bananas though... but they were amazing. It made me miss Sixth College a little, since our college has an annual chocolate festival, where student fees are put towards excellent use and free chocolate and chocolate fountains.

I think I set a new record for the number of mikan (clementines/tangerines) eaten in 24 hours. Because oh man. I ate so many. When I study I can't help but munch on something while I study and usually I chew gum... but I haven't really found any gum that I like here in Japan.

This week is midyear seminar! I need to give a presentation for it. Ahhhhhh....

And then two weeks from last friday, I come back to California! WEEEEEE. I'm excited.

On a related note, the topic of recontracting came up. Seeing as how I'm applying to graduate schools this year, I'm probably not going to recontract, but it made me think. If I don't get in to graduate schools, would I still want to stay another year?

Who knows.

No comments: