Thursday, May 26, 2011

Achievement Unlocked

Slave to consumerism and pokemon-collect-em-all-ism.


View Larger Map
Today, I rode 9 km to get McDonald's coca cola glass because I had heard that they're actually ending the promotion in a couple days (for these colors anyways). The closest McDonald's to my place is 4.5 km one way; you can either take the bus for 100 yen (one way) and it comes once an hour, or you can bike there. I biked there since I figured, if I was going to eat McDonald's I might as well burn the calories before I gained it all back. My legs hurt in the good way. :) This is a googlemaps of my town :D My place is near "B" and McD's is at yumetown where "A" is.

Oh, did I mention that it was raining decently hard the entire time? Yah. Not the smartest thing I've ever done. It was probably not-so-safe either. But it's alright cause I made it back intact and only slightly damp. My fingers did prune a bit though. I also looked like a hobo cause I was wearing these pants that I thought were waterproof (they weren't) and a regular t-shirt, so it was like I was going to the gym or something, or rather, it looked like I just came BACK from the gym. Very not glamourous. Of course, I ran into my students too. ~_~

Sometimes, I marvel a little bit at my stupidity. But the boxes have Japanese on them! They're really cool looking! They're real glass! And all you need to do to get them is upgrade to a LL set - Large drink, Large fries. I just got iced tea, so the L sized drink wasn't like it was that bad. The fries though, yeah. Yeaaaaaaah.

I was gonna pick up milk too, but all the grocery stores in the area seemed to have gotten rid of their nonfat milk; they only have lowfat and that's STILL enough to make my stomach not-so-happy. ._.;

No comments: