Friday, July 30, 2010

Packing, Part II

Much as how papers have rough drafts, my packing also had a similar rough draft phase. The initial weight phase. My 28'' suitcase weighed in at 65 lbs. while the smaller suitcase, the 24'', weighs in at only 40 lbs.; the weight limit per suitcase is 50 lbs. I haven't packed my suit yet. Or extra deodorant. I'm pretty sure I'm shipping things.

I also found out a little bit more about the city I'm going to. Takahashi has one of the twelve remaining original castles in Japan up on the mountain. A lot of people take the taxi up and then hike back down, but I have the feeling I'm going to be hiking both ways. It is also the least visited out of the tweleve, so I'm guessing it might be in better shape. I'm excited though. :) It also has a Mickey D's (for those homesick pangs) and several 7-11s eheheh. Not that I'm planning on eating a lot at McDonald's. I'm really excited for the Japanese food.

In other, happier news, my bug bite has gone down significantly in terms of swelling. Hooray! It still itches though. I think bugs just like me.

No comments: