Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Art of Packing

I finally went out and found replacement suitcases, since my huge old red one saw its last days on the Boston family reunion trip. Poor thing lost the zipper (completely!) from the front pocket as well as the pull tab from the main zipper (and was replaced by a keychain instead). Seeing how I was going to Japan for like, a year (or more) I figured it was appropriate to get a new one instead...

This probably means that I should start packing soon huh. Hm. Yes. I will get to that. Before Wednesday, since a) People are coming over and b) Ladies are coming to clean the house.

Also, the Vacaville Outlets are fantastic. That's where we found my suitcase (along with a bunch of other things...). I never had the stamina to shop there before. I would always get cranky and exhausted from spending any time greater than ten minutes there. Which we always did, cause I think it's my mother's favorite place to shop, or one of them. The fact that I now can last that long (and actually had a little bit of fun) and didn't end up cranky or with a headache is a sign that truly, I have turned into a woman.

That being said, I guess shopping all day (from like, 2 or 3 until 9) took a lot out of me because I promptly fell asleep in the car on the way back (in the middle of a conversation, no less). I didn't even notice when we stopped at the garage in Walnut Creek to drop off Jeana at her car.

I don't know why, but I've also just been so freaking tired all the time lately. Those online diagnosis surveys would have you think that I was depressed. But I'm not, I swear. I'm really excited. I haven't even gone over to Japan yet. And I'm pretty sure I'm going to be fine. Maybe it's just all the excitement catching up with me. Oh, and maybe the fact that I'm constantly staying up late to play Plants vs. Zombies or read and then waking up really early because we're doing something or because my room is a freaking oven as soon as the sun rises.

...Nah. That couldn't be it.

No comments: