Monday, July 26, 2010

Color my world

I'm back in the bay again, after a detour to California Adventure to see the World of Color and a tiring car ride back home. Highly highly highly recommend going to see World of Color. It's completely amazing. The water show in itself is crazy - blows the Bellagio right out of the water. But then, you add in the lights and the color. Wow the color. Wow. It was like a thirty minute piece of sheer mind blowing awesomeness; I was the happiest child ever. There was color and fire, and the spectrum they displayed combined with the pictures and the movie clips was pretty amazing.

But wait, there's more. Then you add on the fact that it's Disney, with some of the best clips in Disney and Pixar cinema (including Wall-e :D ) AND the fact that Disney does soundtracks quite beautifully and you have a freaking amazing piece of work right there. The marriage of soundtrack and water and color worked perfectly; Disney movies that didn't necessarily grab a piece of the visual show played a part in the audio track, such as Hunchback of Notre Dame and (my favorite part) So Close from Enchanted. It's a sad song already, but somehow they found a way to make it EVEN SADDER - so sad that I stood there, tears streaming down my face, as we were sprayed with water from the show.

I would also recommend that, if you go, you definitely see this show. Hands down my favorite thing in both parks. To see the show though, you have to get fastpasses to get into the viewing areas. Or, what I'd recommend doing, is eating dinner at either Ariel's Grotto or the wine place (if you're willing to spend a little money) and then you actually get into the preferred seating area (though you still want to arrive a little early for that so you can get prime spots without heads in the way of your show). Also, if you decide to go up there, you will most definitely get wet from all the water that's being sprayed high up in the air. The preferred seating is really nice though - front and center, and you don't really have to rush to get a spot (as much).

But yeah. World of Color. Go see it. I'll probably have pictures up sometime soonish, but still pictures don't do it justice. I also gave up taking pictures part way through because I was like, hm, I'm going to enjoy watching the show instead of taking pictures. The ferris wheel is also pretty awesome - a show almost unto itself since it's there constantly changing color like a really cool loading screen haha.

Conclusion: World of Color = Jessica's Dream Show

In other news, I leave in less than a week! AH! CRAZINESS. I don't feel like I'm ready at all. There's so much I want to do before I leave, but I can't. It's like I'm at the edge of a plane, looking out, getting ready to jump off. I know eventually, I will just have to take that jump, whether or not I feel prepared and just hope for the best.

That day is Saturday. Six days remain.

No comments: