Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Some dreams you just gotta chase

It looks like I'll be doing a bit more chasing After all. In an apparently rare day, we failed to see any manta at Manta point. Or well, most of us did. I think there was one person - a guide - who saw the manta.
Not going to lie, I'm really disappointed, especially since I was diving for two days to avoid this and seeing mantas was seriously the only reason i came here) But no... Yesterday we didn't even make it out to the scramble because of the snorkelers and the sick lady. Yeah I want to chase after my dreams, but not at the expense of the enjoyment and well being of other people (generally anyways).
Part of me wishes I wasn't so kind though. That's the super sad part, the part that's like, "you came all the way here to see manta, and you're leaving empty handed? I am disappoint." It kinda sucks to try to fulfill your dream (at your own expense! This was still an expensive trip) and then fail (though on the bright side, the dive spot we went to yesterday was excellent, and we saw the sea snake, and I still got to dive after a freaky moment of vertigo underwater, so there's that).
But I'm not going to give up. I'll save up my money, and try coming again someday. One day I'll make it out and swim with the giant mantas. One day. This is a dream I think worth chasing; one of the things (actually the only thing right now) I want to do before I die.
Wait for me mantas - I'll be back.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
On a brighter, less serious note, Okinawa has some of my favorite combining foods and drinks. Taco rice, spam musubi, and these two drinks:

The one on the left is "sanpincha" and the one on the right is "shikwasa" I might have written about it last time I was here? Oh well. Sanpincha is actually jasmine tea (a stronger version apparently) and shikwasa is like calamansi, the Philippino name (I think) for it. It's like a lime... Kinda, but a bit sweeter and has a little different flavor.
Very tasty though. I want to bring it back to Okayama with meeee!

No comments: