Wednesday, May 2, 2012

People talk

Today I'm returning to Okayama! I dunno if typing this in the bus is the best idea (me and buses don't usually play well. Like, I only get motion sick when trying to read on buses) but! What else am I gonna do for 40 minutes? Can't really sleep right now, and I can't read anything (see above) wooo.
Here are some impromptu pictures from my bus ride back! These pictures are brought to you at the expense of my dignity a littl bit, since I was That Person who was taking pictures with their iPad.



I'm sad to be leaving though! Last night I was talking with a bunch of other guests, most of whom were from tokyo. They were super chill, and we had a pretty good time. I think I might have offended the owner a little though, because we were giving people nicknames, and I used his first and last names and came up with Tako... Yeahhhh... Oops.
But other than that kinda faux pax, it was nice to talk and chit chat in a mix of English and Japanese. Mostly Japanese, though I would have to ask the two people who spoke both for a translation sometimes.
Oh, weirdly enough, there was one woman from Santa Monica, the owner dude worked in Newport Beach, and I met a masters student who was gonna work for Foursquare in San Francisco who went to UCSanta Barbara while diving! :) talking to random people is kinda fun. :) hahaha I also bragged a bit about going to Stanford (ohohohoho) since they were trying to think of famous universities in California for some reason (I didn't bring it up!) and they were like "ahhh oh yeah Stanford!" and I was (a little smugly) "actually... That's where I'm going to grad school"
Inner me is still giggling gleefully. Tee hee. That's probably gonna last until I get there and go "YABEI" because it's so hard. ^^;
Oh yeah! There are loads of pineapple fields here. If you saw a pineapple growing for the first time and you didn't know how they were grown... Wouldn't you think they grew in the ground? I did. At first I thought they grew in trees, but when I found out they didn't and I saw this (minus the pineapple), I assumed that you pulled pineapples out of the ground like carrots or something.

Lol yeah.. Did I mention I'm going to stanford? Looools.

No comments: