Friday, June 24, 2011

Replacement Fridge!

Today, after much "Jessica must locate obscure piece of paper with the refrigerator contract on it" hunting, the electronic store people I'm leasing the fridge from finally came around 2:30 today.

But first I had to find the paper. I am so very glad that I did not throw that away. I was actually going through all my papers and didn't know that was it until my supervisor told me to "look for the B4 sized paper with lots of japanese on it" and then I was like "hm, I have no idea what this paper is and it has lots of Japanese on it" and he was like "aha! That's it."

Yeah. They were supposed to come today at lunch, so I quickly ate everything and went to wait at home. Yeaaaaaaaah. They didn't come. I suppose some things don't change? And then when they were supposed to come later, they were late. My supervisor actually commented on that, and how in Japan punctuality was really important (but no company).

I think it was something wrong with the power cord. Either way, they took my old fridge and gave me a temporary replacement.

It's about a third the size of my old fridge. I mean, this thing is TINY. I'll get pictures up sometime. The freezer... is meant to hold like, maybe a pint of ice cream, one ice cube tray, and maybe some frozen veggies. The fridge is also tiny. I kind of laughed when I saw it. But I mean, a tiny fridge is better than no fridge, right?

I'm sorry I ever had smug thoughts at having a big fridge.

Also, apparently, according to my teacher summer has not come yet. It's still the rainy season. But today was soooo friggin' hot and humid, so I don't know what she was talking about. Yarg. I'm not a summer person.

My goal is to try my best at reducing the amount that I complain about it being hot. Yep.

No comments: