Monday, January 31, 2011

Freezing!

I understand now, why Japanese people like to bathe at night.

It's because in the morning in the winter, the pipes sometimes freeze, and then ohnoes, you have no hot water (and sometimes no water at all).

I've been bad; I haven't posted in ages and ages. I haven't worked on the newsletter. Bad Jessica. But it's because I've been working on studying for the GRE and studying Japanese in what spare time I have. Like seriously, I feel like I'm doing as much studying here as I was at home! My week days aren't exciting. I get home. Go on my computer. Get sucked into the black hole of warmth that is my kotatsu. Occasionally crawl underneath the kotatsu for full body warmth. Remember that oh, I haven't cooked dinner yet, and oh, maybe I should eat before 10 o'clock. Study a little bit. Fail to do that because I'm on facebook or watching a show or a movie (or playing my DS). Regret not studying and attempt to study for a little bit. Decide to not feel as bad because usually I study at school or on the train for a little bit. Think about how I should go to bed or wash the dishes. Do the former, but not in bed. Wake up at ungodly hour of night. Crawl back into bed. Sleep. Wake up for work. Go to work. Repeat.

That's pretty much what my week days look like. Exciting, no? Occasionally, I'll even stop at the grocery store or something. Usually, that's on a monday because I'm already out of the house/away from my house, since I dislike having to ride up the hill to my house more than I have to. But the kotatsu... wow, my electric bill is going to be high, but it's so so so lovely to stay under (for the bottom half of my body anyways).

You know, the funny thing is that I'm actually going somewhere EVEN COLDER than here and Niimi at the end of the week.

side note: I can't believe it's February already! I'm going to sapporo on Sunday! O_O This is going to be my first really really big trip (since I don't count going to Chigasaki as a big trip for some reason). Yaaay snow! I'm excited. X) i'm also still debating whether or not to bring my laptop.

No comments: