Wednesday, June 11, 2014

focusing is hard, thinking is easy

There are a million and one things I want to do right now.

Writing this paper is not one of them.

One of the worst things about actually living in places with nice weather like California along the coast is that the perpetually nice weather makes it exceedingly difficult to do anything, even if you're spoiled like me and used to having it pretty often. I guess that's why libraries will have the study desks deep in the darkest parts of the basement levels: so you don't know how nice of a day you're missing.

I actually prefer to study next to windows, so I can stare longingly outside at the nice weather that I'm notenjoying. Sigh. Actually, I already enjoyed the weather outside today, cause I took the advice of a website and took a nap around 1:30 because my body just... can't around that time of day. It's actually kind of weird.

I feel like I need to run around the block. :< Or do jumping jacks in this corner of the library or something. Seriously, I am ridiculously restless.

And still not writing my paper.

After this paper, I am basically a thesis away from graduating. That's quite a long road to travel, actually, but I'm aiming to be done by the summer. Aiming. There are still quite a bit of things I need to do because this quarter was the quarter where I don't know what happened, and I lost like... all of my focus. Senioritis?

It doesn't feel like I'm graduating and moving out, but I am. Really soon. My mind is just too sleep deprived to realize it. But I don't know, I think it also doesn't feel much like I'm graduating because compared to last time... there was so much pomp and circumstance. But now that I don't have my mother bugging me to fill out cards and send invitations etc etc I dooon't actually care as much so it doesn't really seem like much and I was really really bad about actually inviting people to come to my graduation.

I kind of want to do forward somersault rolls around on the floor over here. I'm that bored and restless ahaha.

One of the counselors I saw for career advice after I took the *real* Myers-Briggs test (I'm apparently ESTP) was super shocked at my results. Basically, despite getting what I did I got really really close to the center for basically... three out of four of those (I think one of the last two, either thinking/feeling or judging/perceiving I got a "moderate" score instead of the "slight preference" kind of score). I could probably most easily float between ISTP and ESTP depending on how I feel that day.

But basically she said that was the profile that people usually work towards as they grow older so that by the time they're 80, they're not at any of the extremes. So basically, I have the soul and personality type of an 80 year old. Woo hoo. I can swing almost all ways on the chart depending a little bit on circumstance and situation, as well as on current mood. This explains a lot why I've managed to score almost every combination over the course of my (I guess short) life so far, or at least I've managed to get each category at least once. But yeah, she was shocked. It was kind of hilarious.

I also wish they made some kind of machine that captures energy from leg shaking. Crap, I bet you could make a ton of money from that and a ton of energy as well if it was something like one of those bike generators, but with leg shaking like a shake weight strapped to your leg. Or like a weight, one of those ankle weights but instead there's a sensor inside of it that somehow gets energy through the up and down motion. There'd have to be some sort of battery I guess to store the energy you got from that, but imagine, all the leg shakers of the world would actually be doing something useful to contribute to energy, all through some habit I've been trying to unsuccessfully kick since who knows when. It gets worse when I'm studying and when I'm restless like this with a ton of energy. Kinetic energy I guess it's called.

New summer project here I come.

No comments: