Monday, July 2, 2012

The Adventure Continues

My goodness. It's July. And I'm a quarter century old now. Hodang. And I'm going home in less than two months. And my contract as an ALT finishes in less than a month!

CRAZINESS.

I think earlier, I posted about talking to my JTE about marriage in Japan, and as I was browsing around the Internet (procrastinating on writing a farewell speech) I happened upon this article and found it to be kind of interesting. It expands a little on what I was talking about before, with "gokon" parties (parties to help guys and gals find potential matches). I did find it interesting that the article said that they see it as a place to find friends over spouses, but I suppose (in the US anyways) you can find a spouse from your friend circle. :)
http://www.cnngo.com/tokyo/drink/best-outfits-get-guys-hopes-gokon-parties-395759

Also, to return to the topic of leaving. I think most people who know me know now that I'm going to return to California and enroll in graduate school at Stanford. Hooray! I'm studying East Asian Studies, with a special focus on Japan and Japanese. I'm really excited. Kind of intimidated.

I will definitely keep this going though. :D I just won't be in Japan any more, but I'm sure life will find a way to continue to be interesting. :) Life's just one big grand adventure anyways, right?

Not going to lie, not having to fight my way through swarms of bugs is kind of exciting. I will miss it here though. I'll do a proper goodbye Japan kind of post later.

No comments: