Sunday, December 16, 2012

History Haikus

Somehow, I have managed to survive the first quarter of graduate school. Taking twenty units was super dumb, but somehow I managed to meet a lot of awesome people, have fun, and generally stay somewhat-sane, even if I did practically shut myself in my room for the last two weeks of school.

But it's all over now! Hooray! That's the good thing about quarters I guess. Before you know it, it's over.

Speaking of over, one of my neighbor boys is graduating this quarter, so he's moving out tomorrow. So sad! His program was only 4 quarters (only!), so he's departing. It's a shame though, because he was super chill; totally not what I expected from a guy in Pike haha. Maybe I judge people just a little based on those things. But D was super sweet, and part of our neighbor dinners :) Also made amazing stuffed bellpeppers. Funny, how despite only knowing the boys next door for a quarter, I feel like, actually comfortable with them. Really, we lucked out. It'll be interesting to see who moves in next door...

But yes, so, for my history class (Modern Japanese history), since we had to memorize when certain major events were (I was told we were just supposed to know generally important things, and I guess I've never really thought of dates as important), I created some haiku to help me remember lol.

Hooray for history haikus! Especially since it turned out I didn't really need to remember them after all. Sigh.

(On the effects of the cold war)
1-9-4-7
Key to economic rise
re- all the old things!

(on the Hibiya Riots)
Hibiya riot
Angry in 1905
government target


(on Mori Arinori)
champion of wives
no basic human morals
no more concubines

(on the New Constitution)
1-9-4-7
Controversial number 9
right to unionize

(on the reasons for the Japanese economic miracle)
zaibatsu leaders
Lucky Korean War boom
Dodge Line deflation

(on salariimen)
emerged in Taisho
Salary Man family
70s real life

(on the Rice Riots)
In 1918
Wartime inflation of rice
bottom-up riot

hooray for history!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure where you are getting your information,
but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
Thanks for great information I was looking for this information for my mission.


My web-site - dr oz weight loss tips raspberry